This is a complex area of tax, with many ways to get it wrong, but there are many planning opportunities too. We can help with:
- Considering when it is a good time to voluntarily register
- Assisting businesses with the VAT registration process
- Discussing the implications of registration, the various VAT schemes available and record-keeping requirements
- Providing details of the different levels of assistance we can offer your business to help minimise the compliance burden and advice on the best accounting system for your business
- Preparing VAT Returns and carrying out the related bookkeeping work from the paperwork provided to help free up your time and to enable you to run your business more effectively
- Obtaining your approval to the VAT Return figures prepared and submitting to HMRC for you
- Dealing with a VAT inspection to ensure it is as painless as possible
There are imminent changes on the horizon with HMRC’s ‘Making Tax Digital’ – this will change the way businesses need to deal with their VAT submissions. Please call to discuss how to prepare yourself for this, or to get help if needed.
How we work with you
We appreciate that each client is individual and, as such, have their own specific needs. Accordingly, we will tailor our service with you and establish our level of involvement depending on your circumstances – our friendly, experienced team are here to help you as much or as little as you require.
What are your typical fees?
We offer cost-effective accountancy and tax solutions with the peace of mind that your work has been completed by an experienced, qualified accountant. Our fees are generally time based and will depend on both the volume and complexity of the work undertaken. We ensure costs are kept to a minimum by matching the type of work to a suitably experienced member of our team. However we are happy to discuss a fixed fee basis if this is more appropriate to your circumstances.